"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 13:57:00 EDT
>One work around is to change the editor's address and resubmit the messages,
>which would then be sent to this new editor address.  Any other thoughts?

If "* EDITOR= userid@fqdn,userid@*.fqdn" then maybe that should be the
advice given to folks who have system administrators who don't tell
their list-owners of host addressing changes.  Here is a more concrete
example

* EDITOR= [log in to unmask],pmw1@*.psu.edu

so that [log in to unmask] could then be considered an Editor.  Of
course that userid would not "know" the magic cookie (OK nnnnnn).

I haven't actually _tried_ this, but the syntax is acceptable when I
PUT the headers to a test list.

/Pete Weiss -- Penn State

who are allowed to mail directly to the list. Note that ANY editor can send mail
to the list while only the FIRST one will receive copies of mail sent to the
list (but see also Moderator=).

The file will be forwarded to the editor 'as is', without being included in a
mail envelope. This method makes sure that the original "Resent-" tags (if any)
and "To:" keyword are preserved.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The editor MUST be a human person, not a file server, list
server, mailer, or suchlike. Specifying a program's mailbox as "Editor=" could
result in a mailing loop for which L-Soft international, Inc., could not be held
responsible.