Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 02:25:13 +0100
When you  have trouble deleting  a long address with  strange characters,
you can  always try using a  wildcard to bypass some  of the obfuscation.
Things  can get  complicated if  quotations marks  are involved.  You can
learn about the  way RFC822 and LISTSERV quote things,  or you can simply
replace a big chunk of the address with an asterisk, while leaving enough
to make it unique; the latter is of course simpler :-) If you're not sure
the match is unique, try QUERY before.

In this particular  case, I'm not sure  this will do. I  don't think 1.8a
would let you delete the address, although 1.7f just might. You'd have to
do GET+PUT. The  good news is that  1.8a wouldn't have let  you make this
mistake. It  checks the address fits  in the record before  accepting the
ADD or  SUBSCRIBE.

  Eric