Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:30:11 -0400
Hal Keen wrote the following on 8/21/2006 1:08 PM:

> My bottom banners vary because I use the DAYSEQ to rotate a set of
> subscriber-information notices. However, all the banners begin with:
>
>        [a line of whitespace]
>   ---- [organization name] Email List ----
>   DELETE THIS FOOTER from copies, forwards, & replies.

I have something similar, but I found that putting it as a top banner
rather than a bottom banner increased compliance. There is more chance
that a subscriber will actually see it while composing their reply.
However, I did have the "please" in there, and compliance is nowhere near
100% so I'm dropping the "please" to see if compliance rates increase.

I did notice that the posting rules for the list were followed more often
once I removed all the Please... from the rules. :-)

--
Karen Reznek
head listowner -- Asperger