Sören Floderus <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 00:44:58 +0100
Would anybody know of an authoritative word on the usage of _encoded_
postings on lists? Does it happen more often in science lists, and if so
why? And if it's discouraged, then why? I figure it should be just because
people have so different editors, but are there perhaps standards solutions
that only I don't know of? I use Eudora at the Mac myself, and usually
manage to decode (Suntar, UUdecode) after some annoying and too long time,
and almost for sure nothing but raw text comes through anyway.

I havn't found this in my List Owner's Manual but would like to present the
list with some reference - and will try to summarize if it hasn't been done
before.

Regards/Soren

----
Soren Floderus                   email: [log in to unmask]   (NEW!)
Asgrand 2A                      phone/fax: +46-18-129918
S-753 10 UPPSALA, Sweden