"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:41:00 EST
>Users can not switch from digest mode to non-Digest (single message
>mode) without being forwarded *ALL* posts ever made to the list.

>This results whether the change is made via the two possible commands:
>Set Freedom-L NoDigest
>or
>Set Freedom-L Mail

>This is the "output" line from listserve:
>> Set Freedom-L nodigest
>The messages that had accumulated thus far for the FREEDOM-L list
>are being sent to you as a digest.

THUS FAR since the LAST digest, which in your case, is the
DAILY digest (at least on LISTSERV(R) 1.8c (VM/CMS)).

>Your subscription options have been successfully updated...

>As you can see, it sends ALL posts.  Including files that have been deleted
>from the Notebook!  This is getting long and down the road it will be brutal
>to download the file.

Hmmm, how are you deleting files from the notebook?

>According to Default settings, this should not occur.  I've triple checked all
>the settings in the "Header" and can find nothing that might cause the
>problem.  (Header is attached below)

On the other hand, even doing various SETs from either an
INDEX or DIGEST distribution that eventually end up with a
setting of MAIL (regardless of a NOMAIL intermediate step)
seem to end up with the accumulated digest/index being sent.
Thus, it would seem to absolutely inhibit any accumulation
it would require an UNSUB/SUB (assuming the SUB
default-options are NOT Digest).

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                  "Are you a bandwidth bandit?"