Brigit van Loggem <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:11:42 -0400
1.-- What we did when CompuServe started switching people to long-before
registered alpha addresses without warning, was send a message to every
CServe subscriber, explaining how they all should GO MAIL (I think it was)
and set their choice for Alpha vs Numerical sender in the From: field, then
let the list owner know if they were using the new alpha address. We then
made the necessary changes by hand...

2.-- I made a rather stupid mistake: I did an ADD listname Real Name for a
new subscriber who'd previously sent a Subscribe listname Real Name to the
server (triggering an automatic request for more info, the reply to which
was sent to me). Since I left out the e-mail address, my Add was not acted
upon; but I deleted the message this new (would-be!) subscriber sent to me,
so I no longer have her e-mail address... Is this info still available? If
so, how can I get at it?

TIA,
-Brigit