Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:14:11 -0700
>I moderate several lists and get lots of  bounces.I am lazy about
>cleaning them up. I once saw a program called SmartBounce which
>purported to deal with bounces. I tried yesterday to download a
>current version but kept getting a message that it had been corrupted
>in the process. I will persevere if anyone says it is a good thing.
>Can anyone vouch for it or for another good one?

We tried it for a while, with very uneven results, but our lists are
publication (announcement) lists as opposed to discussion lists, so
that experience may not be relevant to your situation.  But
personally, I think Listserv's own AutoDelete and Passive Probe
features do a much better job.

Sherry Beauchamp