Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:39:25 -0400
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
08/19/2004 08:31:38 PM:

> Is there a way for a listowner to check on who is accessing the list
> archives via the web?  How about who is accessing via email?

You can see who is logging in to the web interface in the
LISTSERV-<date>.LOG files.  This includes the password in clear text,
which I have always thought to bee a VERY, VERY BAD THING!

> Is there a way to block web access from a particular site?

Firewall?  If you have one at the edge of the network already, talk to
whomever runs it.  If not, you can look into one that runs on the ListServ
box.

> The list is private, access is supposed to by allowed only to
subscribers
> who have established list passwords, but I suspect there is something
else
> going on.

If you suspect someone else is accessing the list, you can compare IP
addresses and block the ones that are logging in under false credentials.