Sun, 26 May 1996 23:48:42 -0500
On the matter of having two subscriptions to your own list, one set
MAIL and one set DIGEST, with only one account, Pete Weiss, good
guy that he is, sent me this:

> How about (but I not sure if it will work)
>
> ADD listname [log in to unmask]
> SET listname DIGEST FOR [log in to unmask]

It's been a long time since I had to mess with routed addresses and
forgot about that.  I tried
add autocat winship%tenet.edu@ubvm     (my lists are at ubvm)
which worked, then did a
set autocat digest for winship%tenet@ubvm
and it took that, and I got the individual postings with my regular
sub and just got the digest (such as it is, but only fools are messing
with sending things to lists this weekend (in the U.S., that is)).

So, it does work, at least on VM.  On the other hand, some nodes
might consider routing mail through them purely for your convenience
when not strictly necessary "not nice."

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L