Gil Emery Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:56:11 -0400
I am at the point as well for my fire-l list, to shut it down--- it adds a
tremoundous amount of work  (like 10-30 posts a night) of Porn and other
miscreant postings that really dont belong out there..

At 02:26 4/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Gil Emery Jr wrote:
>> I have tried to get such a gateway set up through them-- The person that
>> was the guru of them is no longer there, and the person that does his job
>> doesnt consider it a priority-  not sure where they are in setting up a new
>> system
>
>As soneone who has been dealing with a usenet gateway for a number of
>years, I must ask: are you REALLY certain you want this gateway?
>You may live to regret it, and your list may die from it, and you may
>be sued because of it.  You really want a uselessnet gateway?
>
>Douglas

Gil Emery Jr
CoOwner of [log in to unmask]
Owner of [log in to unmask]         http://www.firefighting.com/fire-L
Owner of [log in to unmask]      http://www.tiac.net/users/gemery
East Coast Paging Services Dispatcher- EC14
ICQ# 3305583