Mark Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 19:14:05 -0700
=46or a week or so, I've been having a lot of problems with AOL subscribers
who unsub, then complain that they are still sub'ed because they are still
receiving mail from the list.  Apparently they can continue receiving mail
for as much as a day after they receive confirmation that they have been
removed from the list.

I have assured them that they need only be patient, and all the delayed
mail will eventually come through and they will stop being inundated with
90 messages a day.

Lately, however, one of these people became unpleasant about it, so I've
decided to see if there is anything else I can do about it.

My questions:

        Am I right in assuming that the problem is mail delayed in the AOL
pipeline, and not some strange bug in Listserv?

        Is there someone at AOL I can tell them to bug, instead of me?  At
least the AOL people are paid to handle complaints=8A

Mark

--
Mark Drake   [log in to unmask]
"A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad patient, nor does he