Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:22:27 -0600
Douglas Winship wrote:
>> Then send: lock listname

Ben Parker replied:
> Unfortunately that is not a valid command.  The only way to LOCK a list is
> via a GET of the list.  There is an UNLOCK command but not a LOCK command.
> I've tried this.

Well, I haven't tried in with the current LISTSERV my host site is using,
but,    LOCK [listname]
used to be an entirely valid command for listowners to use.  Some
listowners used to use it to prevent subscribers from leaving the list.
If you will think back a few years you may recall my complaints to you
at L-Soft (and specifically to you, Ben) about such activity by listowners
whose lists were hosted at L-Soft.

Douglas Winship   [log in to unmask]