"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 1992 16:45:08 CST
>The RENEWAL Keyword will send you (as listowner) a notice of who it sends
>renewal notices and who it deletes the FIRST time it passes through the list of
>subscribers.  This will "catch up" everybody on the list who subscribed at
>least one year before you issued the RENEWAL keyword.  After that, it
>periodically updates the subsriber list.

I set WORDS-L for yearly renewal over a week ago, sent the 'norenew'
command for usenet gateway and local redistribution lists, and sent
'confirm' commands for most of the people who didn't have 'nomail' set.
That left quite a few people who should have received renewal messages.
I know that many of them have been on the list for over a year.  But
so far, I've had no indication that anybody has received such a message.
Ohhhhhh --- wait....  I think it was a little less than a year ago that
the list moved from Yale to UGA.  I bet that explains it!  And now I
guess I should abort this meaningless posting.  On second thought, I'll
go on and send it since I may not be the only person on the list to
forget about a situation of that kind.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])