Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:36:50 -0500
Winship wrote:

> Randy Ryan wrote:
>
>>If it isn't an address subscribed to my list, I just don't need to see it.
>

> Yes, you do.  As has been explained many times, that ADDRESS may not be
> subscribed, but the person behind that address may be.

I agree that I need to see any bounces associated with my list. But why
do I need to see all the bounces associated with the -request address?
That is the primary problem, as I am dealing with 30+ spammer bounces a
day. This makes finding the legitimate subscriber problems on the error
reports much harder and more time consuming.

I did turn off the ack template yesterday, though I was using that to
point subscribers to our help site, and am hoping that will help. But it
is frustrating to have to give up something that was useful because of
spammers. Perhaps there could be an option for a different bounce
address for -request posts, and those would not show up on the list
error report?

--
Karen Reznek, head listowner - Asperger
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]