Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 17:17:27 -0400
On 9 Jun 2001, Jim Walker wrote:

> This a trivial task for the L-Soft developers. My guess is that this is
> less than an hour of coding for even their most junior programmer.

I'd be happy to have this feature but as a developer I always cringe when
someone is certain they know what resources would be required to make a
change in code they're not familiar with.  No one has ever been right
about one of these estimates about my products, and 99% of the time they
underestimate the effort by a factor of anywhere from 5 to 100 or more --
and mind you that's the ratio of their estimate to mine, and mine is
usually low too!

You might be right, but I wouldn't count on it.

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]