Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 14:35:13 -0600
At 10:39 AM 10/9/97 -0500, Gabriel B Burca wrote:
>I understand what the error is but is there any way to get around this, to
>make ListServ accept such messages? It's annoying to keep telling people
>to take out all the headers refering to the list before forwarding or
>replying to messages.

As already mentioned, there is a way to do it, but it is a BAD thing.  VERY
BAD.  Some of us remember running lists "in the olden days (BITNET)" and
how it was before this feature was put in.  Admittedly it is a pain to
teach people about.....but once done it sticks with them.  Some lamer mail
systems make including headers in reply a default, but apparently ALL of
them can be configured so that the headers are NOT put in.  If not, that is
what cutting and pasting are all about.

On my dozen lists once I've beaten people over the head about it a couple
times I just ignore their bounced postings.  When they come to me I delete
them.  They eventually figure it out if you quit babying them all the time.
 If they can't figure it out, their postings probably aren't worth
distributing anyway.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534