Tue, 5 Apr 1994 09:01:44 -0400
>Dear Mr. Stanford & Seniors,
>Your idea sounds very positive from the operative side, but is it
>legal to forward such information to the entire list ?
>
>- Wouldn't that be objected by the information act ?
>- Isn't it necessary to ask whether the individual would like his
>  personal info being forwarded to the community ?
>- Is not better to ask the new subscriber to introduce itself
>  <which we do and only a few go ahead> ?

One question of our profile form is "Do you want us to send your profile to
the list?"  In the intro.ltr, we assure the applicant that his / her
profile will *not* be sent to the list or seen by anyone else if (s)he
answers "no".

One reason we like to forward the profile is that the answers in the "What
are your interests?" field can stimulate discussion.

Mario Rups