Nate Tassler <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 11:35:06 EST
Upon fingering the Panix account which sent this message, I got a note
in the .plan saying "this account has been disabled.  It was a trial account
and used to spam netnews.  We apologize."

Suggestion to Panix, Netcom, AOL, etc:
Don't allow anyone to get an account anymore without providing a valid
credit card number and signing some sort of statement that if their account
is shut off for spamming, said credit card will be charged an exorbitant
amount (say, all the remaining credit?) as a penalty.
If a policy like that could actually be adhered to, it might even be effective.

-nate