Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 May 1999 19:43:16 -0400
> I don't see a clear explanation of why I sometimes receive singular,
immediate error reports and why other errors are held to be reported in
the next day's daily report.  Would love some clarification.

I've been running some of my lists on Auto-Delete=Yes with passive
probing also would like a better explanation of when errors are still
forwarded to the list owner instead of being handled by LISTSERV.

One case seems to be posts sent to the list that contain list headers
in the body.  This seems good, since most of these are mistakes on the
part of the user.

Another case seems to be posts to a list where the address matches the
Filter settings.  I guess that LISTSERV's only option is to ignore
these or pass them on to the list owner.

I also get ones that say they are because the message has a MIME type
of message/delivery-status.  These are less clear.  They are Delivery
Status Notifications that LISTSERV should be able to process
automatically.  I was once told by L-Soft that a LISTSERV bug was
causing those, but haven't heard of a fix.