沙菲/eNet/技术部/网络开发部/数据库应用开发工程师 <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:40:16 +0800
oh,thanks.
now I see it completely.

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: Jacob Haller [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
发送时间: 2000年10月26日 21:15
收件人: [log in to unmask]
主题: Re: Upper email

>I am at a loss.I find that LISTSERV capitalizes a host part of the
subscriber's email address,
>such as [log in to unmask] --> [log in to unmask] But some ISPs cannot receive this
format's email, they
>only cognize lower case. What can I do? Modify config file, or something?
>
>my environment: UNIX, LISTSERV 18.d, qmail

This behavior cannot be changed.

The host name part of the email address cannot be treated in a
case-sensitive fashion per RFC821 and pretty much any other standard that
mentions them.  Here's a quote from section 2 ("THE SMTP MODEL") of RFC821:

| Commands and replies are not case sensitive.  That is, a command or
| reply word may be upper case, lower case, or any mixture of upper and
| lower case.  Note that this is not true of mailbox user names.  For
| some hosts the user name is case sensitive, and SMTP implementations
| must take case to preserve the case of user names as they appear in
| mailbox arguments.  Host names are not case sensitive.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc