Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:45:02 -5
On 22 Apr 97, BRAD SAMEK <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > Subject: Re: using the TOPICS keyword
> >
> > >Here's what I've got defined in the header:
> > >*  Topics=FLUFF,PERS,TSR
> > >*  Default-Topics=All

> Here's a short list of some of the subject lines that he should not have
> received (to my understanding):
>
>         Re: [ADND-L] [PERS] here goes nothing....
>         [ADND-L] TSR+WOTC!!!
>         Re: [ADND-L] TSR+WOTC!!!

These are not assigned to any topics, and therefore fall under the
"Other" topic.

From the manual, appendix B, "Distribution Keywords", "Topics":

"LISTSERV first skips any possible sequence of 'Re:' keywords, and
takes anything to the left of a colon as a list of topics, separated
by commas."

There is no colon in any of the above subjects (skipping Re:),
therefore no topic.

Francoise