Barbara Passmore <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:31:36 -0500
My 4-year-old list is set up to probe every six months.

Yet, none of the other Listserv lists I belong to ever
probes me.  Some of them are x times larger than
my list.  I would like to remove it from my header, if
possible.

From a practical sense, is it necessary to probe a
subscriber who gets no mail?  It adds to the error
messages and monitoring report along with all of
those "unknown" names there already.  It is an extra
burden I would like to dispense with.

If it is not recommended,  what is the longest time
that can be reasonably set for probing?  I am
presently set for 6 months.

Barbara Passmore