Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Feb 1993 13:41:18 -0500
        Hi.  I wonder if one of the more experienced listowners can help me
out with a puzzling mail problem.  There is a subscriber on my list whose
e-mail domain is recorded as @helios.uwc.edu.  But most of the mail sent to
her from the list bounces, with an error message like the following:

>Date: Sat, 13 Feb 93 02:09:56 EST
>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU:[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Undeliverable Mail
>
>pucc.PRINCETON.EDU unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s):
>550 Host 'HELIOS.UWC.EDU' Unknown

        I've deleted her twice, most recently today.  But almost as soon as
I deleted her, she resubscribed.  I then tried to write to her to explain
why I deleted her and to ask her to talk to the computer support people at
her institution, but my message to her (sent from a system different from
that of my list) also bounced for similar reasons.

        I have two questions.  First, does anyone know whether
helios.uwc.edu does in fact exist (and how could I have found that out for
myself, preferably from my VAX/VMS account, though I do have access to a
VM/CMS account and a UNIX account if need be)?  Also, is there a way to
delete someone so that they can't resubscribe?  I'm not sure I want to do
that, but I'm frankly tired of getting all of this subscriber's bounced mail.

        Thanks in advance for your help.

        Joan Korenman, WMST-L Listowner   KORENMAN@UMBC
        Univ. of MD. Baltimore County     [log in to unmask]
        Baltimore, Maryland 21228-5398