Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:43:58 +10
Debs,

can you get at the listserv logs at all...... specifically around the date that
they subscribed........ you can check out what they are coming in as through
the error messages in the log from the unsubscription attempts.... this will
let you know what address that they are using now...... some mailers allow you
to set the From: field and will default to a [log in to unmask] if none is
supplied....

also check out their header.... see what the from field is compared to the
reply to field......

you can also check the ~/listserv/home directory or equivalent for a file
called signup.file1, it should contain all addresses of all subscribers.......

or get your list admin to do it.......

Debra

Date:          Thu, 8 Apr 1999 15:32:19 +0100
From:          Deborah Cresswell <[log in to unmask]>

Hi there,

I have been trying to help a user unsubscribe from one of our mailing
lists.  This person is absolutely certain that they initially subscribed
to the list with the email address that they are trying to unsubscribe
from.

I have tried the scan command with the email address they provided and
have scanned for the domain name.  No luck, not even anything similar to
their name.  Is there any other kind of command that I can use to search
further?  Or is there something that i could ask them in order for me to
define my search?

Thanks
Debs