Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 May 1997 08:58:27 -0400
At 08:22 5/24/97 +0900, you wrote:
>UN Univ's Inst of advanced studies in tokyo is changing to Windows NT and
>Office 97 but I have a problem since a hidden " > " is added to my email
>when I use the "FORWARD" or "REPLY". This means that [log in to unmask]
>rejects any changes the header of my lists whenever I conveniently use the
>forward or reply icons. Listserv rejects it when copy and paste a header
>that I have got from a "REVIEW listname SHORT" response. I must use the
>contents from a "GET listname (HEADER" command.

Though others have already replied with technical bypasses, I do not think
that using the 'REVIEW listname SHORT' is the appropriate command to use
since it is not documented to produce the desired results when trying to
replace the list keyword headers.  As a matter of fact, it is wrong for
future releases of LISTSERV as already mentioned for the 1.8d BETA e.g.,
hidden keywords.

Remember to exclude your signature when replacing headers.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State