Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 03:32:48 +0200
On Wed,  28 Jun  1995 12:43:26  -0400 Vickie  Banks <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Since we gateway to  Netnews, I need to be able  to moderate EDTECH, yet
>have  the mail  go out  with a  From: line  showing the  address of  the
>subscriber who wrote the message, and the moderator in a resent line.

I suggest you use the "Send= Editor,Hold" option instead. This works with
any mail system (it's new in 1.8b).

>Also, we want to  move the archives. They're all in  IBM format. So when
>you try to look  at them in Pine or other UNIX  programs, it won't break
>them down into  individual pieces of mail again, as  Ricemail on the IBM
>would.

Note that LISTSERV on the unix machine uses the same format as on VM. So,
as far as LISTSERV is concerned, you can FTP the files directly.

  Eric