Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:36:45 -0400
On: Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 08:16:57AM -0400,Humphrey,Mindy Wrote:

} Can anyone point me in the right direction, regarding this problem
}
} I can send e-mails from the server.
}
}   But when a test user tries to subscribe to a listserv They do receive a
} confirmation e-mail.  their subscription does not get activated until they
} respond to the e-mail.  When the e-mail reply is sent, the Exchange server
} claims the recipient is unknown.  (The machine that is hosting the listserv
} is internally lurch.prod.oclc.org and externally is called
} www.sitesearch.oclc.org and sitesearch.oclc.org)  I think the probem may be
} with the Exchange server's aliases file?
}
} the logs I have of the transaction are below (I tried this with the listserv
} aliases and with an existing user "Summanen" on the server)  sendmail is
} getting no errors (neither is the listserver software (mailman)).  I have no
} access the exchange server so I cannot track the error response any
} closer...:(

Try sending mail from an outside point to various addresses such as:

[log in to unmask]  /* This one probably shouldn't work*/

And see what gets thru.  Which address are they using on the subscribe
request?

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507