Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 15:20:01 EDT
Actually I take that back.  2.12.10 refers to the <user> Daily-Threshold,
not the <list> Daily-threshold.  These are two different things and the
manual is actually correct in Appendix B where it says you must manually
free the list after it goes over threshold.  So if you have

* Daily-Threshold= 200,5

then this means if an individual user sends a sixth message to the list
in one day (reckoned from midnight to midnight local server time), he can't
post again until after midnight.  That happens automatically.

But if the list processes 200 messages from midnight to sometime before
the next midnight, and a 201st message comes before that next midnight,
the list itself goes on HOLD until the list owner or a postmaster explicitly
FREEs it.

Too much stuff, too little time :)

Nathan