Hamilton Dexter <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:47:08 -0700
Hello,

I am somewhat of a newbie, so please bear with me.

As my only source of documentation, I am using the LSOFT manual
LISTSERV®, version 1.8d

I am finding it extraordinarily difficult to use as I am not generally
readily able to get to the information I need for various maintenance
problems I have occassion to deal with.

For example, I want to create a list of my subscribers who have their
subscriptons set to nomail.  I have spent a half an hour reading through the
commands trying to figure out which, if any, allow me to do this.  Now it
may be that this is just not possible to do within the available commands, I
still don't know.  While I do need the answers to this problem, my bigger
problem is figuring out how to find my answers in a more efficient manner.

Is there some other user-rational documentation that organizes the
information in a way that is considerate of a listowner who doesn't use the
commands daily and does not have them memorized?  It would appear to me that
an index would go far to solving this problem.

Thanks, in advance

Ham