Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 21:58:19 -0500
Paul Heller wrote:

>We are having difficulty with long URLs that carry over to two lines in a
>Listserv message. The part of the URL that carries over to the second line
>becomes unlinked. The first part is hyperlinked text, but since the full URL
>is not hyperlinked, clicking on it will result in a browser trying to link
>to a page that does not exist. It appears that Listserv is automatically
>inserting a linebreak after 76 characters,

No. Listserv isn't doing anything. It is the e-mail software that the
sender is using that is adding the carriage returns. In my Eudora Pro if I
don't want linee breaks I click one of the buttons in a tool bar and there
are no line breaks. Of course this also affects the lines of text. So I
either manually add line breaks, or I send the e-mail to myself, then paste
it into the e-mail going out, and fix the URL that was broken up, and of
course click the button so that line breaks aren't added.

Don.