"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Mar 1993 07:21:00 EST
At one point I thought it was OK (though not necessary) for a
list-owner to issue "DEL * *@node" for nodes that showed up in the
monthly nodmgt-l posting of node changes -- the "Deleted Nodes"
section.

Now, I don't think it is OK since those bitnet nodes that are leaving
BUT had :INTERNET equivalences registered in BITEARN NODES and in fact
had subscribers to your lists registered under that equivalent FQDN,
would be removed by the above "DEL" (which is not good).

As best as I can tell, they (the FQDN-equivalenced subscribers) are NOT
removed by LISTSERV processing of the udpated BITEARN NODES file.  (Not
removing them makes sense.)

So unless more sage advice is offered, either don't do, or be very
careful of doing the above "DEL".

/Pete ([log in to unmask])
--
Peter M. Weiss                     | oas.psu.edu postmaster
31 Shields Bldg -- Penn State Univ.| "Connectivity is more than a Connection"