Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jul 1995 18:21:24 -0400
I have a few questions about proposed system changes and would appreciate
any thought on possible problems that could arise.

1.  The documentation gives this usage for the reply-to field:

* Reply-To= <destination>,Respect | Ignore | Both *

Indicates whether the "Reply-to:" tag supplied by the sender of the mail file
is to be preserved or discarded (if present), and, if discarded or omitted,
what should be placed in the new "Reply-to:" generated by the server.

Is this feature widely used?

If reply-to is set to Ignore, what are some possible problems?

If the setting is ignore, will this also delete the reply-to line from the
notebook files (my goal)?

2.  My notebook files have reached 780 K.  I know that the size of the files
can be indirectly controlled by setting the closeout period to a set time
frame or a number of messages.

Are there any general guidelines for notebook file size and desirable system
performance or network throughput?

Mike Jones ([log in to unmask])