Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jun 1994 22:32:43 MST
On Mon, 6 Jun 1994 16:55:00 EDT you said:
>The use of names on this list for commercial purposes and sale of
>software is an absolute violation of my right to privacy.

  And how do you keep junk mail (in your opinion, which may vary from mine)
from your US Mail box??  This has nothing to do with privacy.

>I am withdrawing from the list in protest.  Yes, I will send the
>proper instructions to the listserv.

  Good.  That already puts you ahead of half the folks, who conveniently
post their unsub to the list.

>The recent ERIC solicitations cluttered my mailbox, cost me money
>and time, and contributed nothing to my "storehouse of information"

  I assume you mean the postings on the new versions of LISTSERV and
L-MAIL.  The only ERIC that I know of is the Educational Resources
Information Center, and its related indexes to the literature of education,
ERIC.

  If you had READ your junkmail, you'd notice that it was NOT posted to
this list....though it was posted to those who are ON this list.  If you
don't want anyone to know your email address, don't send any mail from it,
or join a list, or anything else.  Guess that would make you the consummate
lurker....

cyclops, who also wants to know how to make sure ALL postings in the
         various fora I peruse are relevant to my needs at that instant..
         how about a psychic newsreader????

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     Bitnet:   ALILESTE@IDBSU
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523