Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 23:27:03 -0400
If you don't mind handing the problem by hand, you might try what I do. I
have a list of 326 subscribers, averaging between 75 and 100 messages a
day, and I get really sick of "mailbox full" errors. AOL users seem to
generate most of these. I was dealing with about 500 mailbox full errors a
day and I didn't want to delete these users (I'd just have to help them
resubscribe later), so I now have a (quiet) policy of switching all
subscribers with mailbox full problems with digest mode. That way I get
only about four bounced mail messages a day from each of them. The really
weird thing is that even after the full mailbox is cleared out, they don't
seem to notice that they are in digest mode for two to three weeks. Then I
get a message telling me that my list is "broken." <grin>

Karen Strauss