Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:11:43 -0500
On 8/30/2004 10:20 AM, Eric Luo wrote:

> Thanks for reply Paul.
>
> I just want to limit normal users subscribe or post via the web interface
> but not owner. if I remove the link, no one could access through the web.
>
> Eric

Removal of the 'subscribe' and 'post' links from the list archives menu
page does not disable those functions for your list, it just makes it more
difficult to access those functions. A determined individual can explicitly
specify the appropriate URL to access those functions. The vast majority of
people will not take the time to figure out the URL, so the risk that
someone will do this is probably very low. If you are willing to accept that
risk, simply remove those links from the list archives menu page. If you are
not willing to accept that risk, you will need to disable web access to the
list archives. Removal of web access to the list archives will not affect the
ability of the list owner to manage the list using the web interface.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator