"Jack R. Stanley" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 07:44:15 -0600
Catherine,

Yes you can run a list without an on-site Unix system.  I'm running one
from The Univ. of Texas - Pan American in deep South Texas (12 miles from
Mexico, north of McAllen, TX).  Our Listserve site is Texas A & M in
College Station, a good 300+ miles away.  Once the list is set up, most
of the operation is automatic at the Listserve site, as I understand it.

My list gets 200+ messages per day (a very busy list) and about the only
problems we have are slow digest posts and sometimes the system goes down
at A & M and they forget to tell us.

The folks at my university Computer Center helped get my list set up ---
and they are there w/ question if and when I have some.  Other than that,
I'm pretty much on my own.

JackS
SCRNWRIT List Owner