Andi DesJardins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:49:24 EDT
Hi...

I have a list member who wishes to use WEBTV to search the archives, but
everytime she tries to access a post she is prompted for a password.

Our archives *are* password encoded to transition from the main archive screen
to the secondary archive screen, but once you get to the secondary screen, no
password is needed.  The archives work for everybody except some WEBTV users.

She called WEBTV and they were not helpful.  The suggested she unsub then
resub, which she did, but no changes were noted.  From what she has said, the
server seems to think she is trying to access the archives from a different
computer than what she subscribed with, but that is not the case.

Are there any known glitches with Listserv software and WEBTV, and if so, what
is the fix, if any?  My poor list member wants to be subscribed but can not
handle the volume of mail this list receives.  She doesn't care for the digest
version either as she likes to stay on top of the postings rather than being a
day behind all the time.  She also does not have access to a standard PC based
computer.

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Andi DesJardins
Owner, Chemical-Illnet