"David W. Baker" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 17:30:20 GMT
   In the near future, I would like to consolidate my list, Games-L, onto
one LISTSERV server. At one point, we had been peered on four machines,
but I'm finding it cumbersome to have to deal with multiple servers, and
I'm not sure what benefit I'm getting.
   Basically, I need to move about 250 subscribers from UTARLVM1 to
BROWNVM. What issues should I be concerned of? What steps should I follow
in what order?

1.) Get both lists, locking them, edit out the Peer keyword, and put the
lists back.
2.) Delete all users from UTARLVM1.
3.) Add all users (except the GAMES-L@BROWNVM entry) to the BROWNVM list.

or would

1.) MOVE all users (except the GAMES-L@BROWNVM entry) from UTARLVM1 to BROWNVM.
2.) Get both lists, locking them, edit out the Peer keyword, and put the
lists back.

or something else be a better procedure.

   When I decommissioned my GREARN peer before that mainframe went down, I
started receiving errors that there was an inconsistancy in the
Network-Wide List ID. What problem is the message indicative of, and how
to I solve it? (I've checked the archives, finding that this question has
been asked, but finding no answer.)
    Thanks for any help.

David

David W. Baker | [log in to unmask] | <URL:http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/>