Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:40:56 -0500
Hey you guys,

Thanks for for being such a helpful group! :)

and I wanted to ask another question.
During my last list crisis when I needed
to temporarily moderate my list, I had
a hard time figuring out how to get it
all in place as it involved multiple
changes to the list header *and* issuing
comands to change all subscribers' settings.
and to get it totally right, I had to do
these things in a specific order (e.g.
change and test the new header and then
issue the command to change subscriber
settings and then test the new subscriber
settings and *then* announce what and why
to the list).  The listowners list was
really a big help.

I was thinking of putting together a
listowner crisis center type web site
where I'd put how-to's on specific
problems. like how to screen newbies,
or how to set up the moderation thing,
etc based on specific problems that
I've encountered that would include info
on how to check to make sure your new settings
are working as intended (especially since some of
us don't have a test site to experiment with
and must implement these changes on live
functioning lists).  Would you guys be interested
in hosting a FAQ for listowners in conjunction
with this list?  I think it would be a
useful resource.

Out for now,
Betty