Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 13:13:13 PST
On Sun, 3 Jan 1999 16:19:06 -0600, Angus <[log in to unmask]> wrote to
 <LSTOWN-L@PEACH....>

Should that be 'impeach' ?   :-)

> I don't know if this will affect listserv hosts and/or listowners or not..

Is it slightly irresponsible to make such a statement?

If not, then backup your hard-drive, and read my E-mail titled 'GOOD TIMES',
and then restore from your backup.   :-)

> ------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
>
> Re: VirtualPROMOTE Gazette - Issue #68 - November 27, 1998
>
> NEW COPYRIGHT LAW FOR U.S.
>
> Web Hosts and ISPs May Not Be the Only "Service Providers" That Must
> Register Under New Copyright Act
>
> As you should be aware, the Digital Millennium Copyright Infringement Act
> of 1998 has become law and requires online service providers to register
> with the US Copyright Office in order to qualify for limitation of
> liability for 3rd party claims of copyright infringement. Failure to
> register results in a loss of immunity granted in the legislation.

Each owner of a Canadian-based web-site must also register:

  http://WWW.CILB.COM  Canadian Internet Licensing Board

before April First, 1999.

Yes, the _first_ day of April.  Think about it.   :-)