Fri, 15 Aug 1997 02:04:38 +0000
I have someone set to review on my list.  She got on review by violating a
list posting policy.  She got one of her friends to forward a post to the
list, bypassing the review process.  The forwarded post in itself did not
violate any of the posting guidelines we have but I got very angry because
she circumvented the review.

I set the friend also to review while I contemplate kicking them both off or
just the one originally on review.  I also posted a message to the list,
indicating any one else trying the same stunt would be removed without any
further consideration.  This was not a list policy when the incident happened.

Some people are questioning why I am so bothered by this and being an
unreasonable listowner.  I've worked hard to keep flames off my list and I
had nightmares of what could happen if other troublemakers got their friends
to do their dirty work after they were on review or kicked off.  My list
averages 60 posts a day so I don't want to go to moderation; we already have
owner-approved subscriptions.

I would like advice from other list owners about what you would do or have
done in this situation.

In case it matters, this is a list where people can get emotional and/or
obsessive, and we've had our share of flamers and people out to cause other
kinds of trouble during its 4 year existence.

TIA,
Cynthia