Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Dec 1992 20:13:43 EST
On Thu, 10 Dec 1992 01:39:45 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>Regarding deleted nodes, however, the problem  will be solved in the next
>version of LISTSERV (or with  development fix 17E-002D) for servers whose
>local  mailer  is LMail.  LISTSERV  can  understand the  delivery  errors
>generated by  LMail and will delete  the old addresses the  first time it
>attempts to post  to them.
What exactly does this mean, Eric?  That LISTSERV will delete all these
non-functioning nodes from the individual lists?  Will LISTSERV try to
substitute an internet address if there is one?  Will the owners be
informed of all this?  are you saying that we don't need to do anything
about this?

Anthea Tillyer                           [log in to unmask] (internet)
City University of New York              [log in to unmask]