Andrew Bosch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:48:21 -0600
Set up another GroupWise domain for your SMTP gateway. Configure this domain so that it won't send MIME-encoded messages. Alternatively, you can set up your current gateway domain to wrap lines at 80 characters or longer.

>>> Pat Case <[log in to unmask]> 2/9/2000 2:13:07 PM >>>
Discarding GroupWise is not an option.  Living with the problem is not an option.  Surely there must be a fix.  Some parameter we can change or disable within LISTSERV or GroupWise.

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/31/00 11:03PM >>>

>However, since our upgrade to 1.8d, the equal signs "=" which one of
>our lists uses for formatting and in URLs are being converted to
>"=3D", making things look different and making the links bad.

>2. GroupWise

Ack! There's your problem. In the history of human civilization,
never has there been a less standards-compliant mail program. For
years the damn thing couldn't quote preceding text, and *any* kind of
weirdo character encoding made it choke.

Change software, or live with the problem.

--
           Joe Clark
           <http://www.joeclark.uni.cc> (updated 2000.01.31)