Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 03:36:43 -0500
At 02:38 PM 1/7/10 -0500, Gilles Frydman wrote:
>At 11:34 AM 1/7/97 -0500, Mentor Cana wrote:
>
>> Honestly, I did not know of their name, AND I don't think list names
>> are trademark issue. I'm not even claiming any rights to the name, it is
>> just a name I saw appropriate for my list!
>>

>I have a follow up question.
>Can we copyright the names we create for the lists?
>
>If we start a monthly newsletter, distributed uniquely through listserv,
>can we claim the paternity of the name used to distribute that newsletter?

One interesting question is "how do you prove the date of paternity?"

Read the first two lines of this post.  The first came from *your* supplied
header:
>       Date:         Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:38:21 -0500

Am I suffering from a minor case of Rip Van Winkle?  Did I sleep through
13 years?  Maybe my watch is 13 years slow.  :-)

But if you want to claim paternity, set your clock backwards, not forwards. :-)

Well, now at least I know Eudora isn't going to break after 12/31/1999.
(You did break somebody's Z-mail 3.2.0 though!  :-)

Cheers,
Stan