"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 13:24:05 -0400
I edit my digests.  Each individual message I send out has a subscription
banner.  To make my digest smaller and look "cleaner," I remove the
subscription banner after each message and clean up any spelling or
grammar errors.  My subscriber are aware of this and it is one of the
advantages of being subscribe to the digest.

To accomplish this I do the following:

Issue a:

GET <LISTNAME> digest

the digest is return under separate cover.

I make the changes to the digest and then forward back the digest by
issuing a:

PUT <LISTNAME> digest PW=XXXXXXXXXXXXX

as the first line in the FORWARDED message

Done deal.

This should work for you.

Side note:

I do not rearrange the entries only because I have not figured out is how
to suppress the index.

Any suggestions?

F. Leon