Donald Good <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:43:43 -0600
From your phrase "more than one editor to receive all submissions", I am assuming 2 things:
1) This is to be a Moderated list where editors or "moderators" are to receive the postings from general contributors.
2) That you want ALL moderators to receive ALL postings rather than the postings being divided up and distributed to the moderators in a round-robin fashion for approval.
Your header should contain the following:

Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
Editor= [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Editor= [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Moderator= ALL,[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Moderator= [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Use as many Editor and Moderator lines as needed, and if an editor is also a moderator, list the email address in both places.

The distinction between an editor and a moderator is that an editor may post directly to the list without "approval" and a moderator may approve postings from general contributors.

Note: The ALL in the first Moderator line causes each posting to be delivered to ALL moderators, any one of whom may approve the posting.

If the postings are to be divided up so that the moderators share the load, leave the ALL keyword off.  In this case, a posting will be delivered to only one moderator in round-robin fashion, so only that moderator can approve it.  The other moderators will not see it.

>>> Elaine David <[log in to unmask]> 11/27 1:46 PM >>>
I would like to set up a list with more than one editor to receive all
submissions. According to the documentation, I should be able to set up a
small list of editors, but I must be missing something because it doesn't
work for me.

Assuming that my small list is EDITLST-L, how should I define the EDITOR
keyword?

We have tried EDITOR=EDITLST-L but it brings down our server.

Any help that you can give me would be appreciated.

Elaine David
Special Projects Coordinator
Information Services
University of Connecticut