Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 21:10:29 -0400
On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Anita Cohen-Williams wrote:

> David (and others),
>   Could you be a bit more specific about the tile.net WWW site? Are there
> links to other lists (it is not clear from your note)? My hands are still tied
> at this point as I do not yet have access to the WWW (although I have been
> promised this access by the end of the week).

  It isn't as good perhaps, Anita, but there are public www clients
that you can use in the US and Europe.  The one in the US, if you
can't wait to take a look is: telnet www.njit.edu
Login as 'www', and at the menu, select Go...then type in the URL:
http://tile.net/listserv/  (don't forget the last slash).  In
Europe, one can use: telnet telnet.w3.org  (login www).

  It looks to me like it would be a lot of work to keep up to date.
I know changes we made to one of our lists last week are not relected
yet.  My first reaction was "Mmmm, I don't know if I like this."  But,
anyone can send a "list global" to listserv and get a list.  Our
problem is that we have about 15 courses for our Distance Ed. program
listed and we can't make them "Confidential= Yes" otherwise the
students couldn't find them and they are all over Canada.  This is
just another way to make them visable.

  Someone mentioned a "Service=" header.  I'm not familiar with it.
Is that an area specification that we could use like "Service= Canada",
or something for a wish list?

  Many thanks.  --Trish

--Trish