Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:25:02 -0600
I received the following message from one of my subscribers:

*************************
I am a member of Showdogs list and have been for about a year. I
changed email addresses a few months ago and now I seem to be having
trouble posting responses to the list
The following is the message I receive:

You  are  not  authorized to  send  mail  to  the  SHOWDOGS-L list  from  your
[log in to unmask] account. You might be  authorized to send to the
list from another of your accounts, or perhaps when using another mail program
which  generates slightly  different addresses,  but  LISTSERV has  no way  to
associate this other account or address  with yours. If you need assistance or
if you have  any question regarding the policy of  the SHOWDOGS-L list, please
contact the list owners: [log in to unmask]

If this is the case and I am not authorized to send mail to the above
list... then why do I receive it at that address?

I checked the subscriber list and found:

[log in to unmask]            (Name withheld)

I know that user IDs can be case-sensitive, but I thought that
Listserv ignored that. Has there been a change? If not, any ideas why
she can't post?

Mary Siegel
Showdogs-L