"Duane D. Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jun 1992 07:50:50 EDT
On Sun, 31 May 1992 20:31:19 CST Phil Endacott said:
>For the first month of operation, TQM-L NOTEBOOK  is exceeding 600K.
>What problems will this cause for members to retrieve LOG9205??
>Also, doesn't 600K "choke" certain mailers along the way?  How have
>others dealt with very large NOTEBOOKS??  (fortunately, the "new" is
>wearing off and traffic is slowing down considerably!!) . . .Phil---
Yes the size of the notebook does become a problem.   What I did was
change the Notebook= keyword to the following.
*  Notebook= Yes,F,Size(3000),Public

This also results in a name change for the notebooks.
Instead of SAS-L LOGyymm it is now called SAS-L LOG00nn.
Each notebook is stopped at 3000 lines or so, making the files more
manageable.

Duane