Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:57:48 -0600
On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 08:43:47 +1300, Wendy Howard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The command for setting a password is:
>
>PW ADD NEWPASSWORD
>
>where NEWPASSWORD is the password of choice.

This is correct, but this command will fail if there is an existing password
for your email adddress.

>The command for resetting the password is:
>
>PW RESET

This is correct.  Note that nothing follows the command verb 'RESET'.

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:04:20 -0500, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Actually, I think it is PW RESET xxxxxxxxxx

Almost but not correct.  You are thinking of

 PW REP xxxxxxxxx

where REP is short for REPlace.  This new command was introduced in 1.8d as I
recall.  (it was introduced to facilitate setting passwords via the WWW
interface)

So to summarize,

There are 2 ways to set a brand new password (if you have never had one
before)

1.  PW ADD xxxxxxx

2.  PW REP xxxxxxx

There are also 2 ways to change an existing password (whether or not you know
the existing password)

1.  PW RESET
    PW ADD xxxxxxx

2.  PW REP xxxxxxx